Whiston Village Pinfold Restoration Project

Briefing Note for information of BKV Judges Old maps show that a pinfold was built sometime between 1839 and 1879 at the junction of the A52 Ashbourne Road and Black Lane on the north edge of the village. It was a stone wall built square structure approximately 6m x 6m used to secure stray animals […]